Established in 1984 on the docks of Edinburgh, Leith has come a long way from its ad agency roots. Ranked the most successful regional creative agency in the UK last year and the 22nd biggest overall, the business now delivers its trademark bold ideas through digital, experiences, social and health, alongside advertising and design across the world.
We work across several digital formats and disciplines for a bunch of incredible clients, including Scotland’s No.1 soft drink IRN-BRU, National Galleries of Scotland, The Famous Grouse, Nando’s and The Scottish Government (to name but a few).
You'll be joining a 35-strong Digital team that lives and breathes modern, agile development tools and practices. It's the fusion of our creative heritage with modern engineering that makes Leith such a fun and interesting place to work.
Who are we looking for?
- We are seeking an ambitious Senior Web Developer with strong frontend and leadership skills with experience building content managed websites and web applications (ideally in an agency environment).
- You’ll have informed opinions on technologies, frameworks and approaches to software development, and be able to articulate your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You'll champion software quality and best practices, have excellent attention to detail and contribute to the technical vision for both the agency and our clients
- You'll mentor other developers, and be comfortable taking the lead among peers advocating the improvement of our development approach.
- You'll be genuinely enthusiastic about coding, the development process and the future of the web
- Commercial experience using React, Vue, or Svelte
- Experience with API-driven development
- Experienced with WordPress, Craft CMS or Similar
- Able to manage multiple workstreams in a fast-paced, Agile, agency environment
Nice to haves
- Experience building web applications with PHP, ideally using well-known frameworks (Symfony or Laravel)
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience in TDD
- Experience with Shopify or BigCommerce
- Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work at an award-winning agency with smart people who have a huge variety of skills
- A nice, airy, cushy office right on The Shore of Leith
- A cycle to work scheme to save you cash for saving the planet
- Quarterly, company-wide events featuring all kinds of bold thinkers
- Hybrid and Flexible Working
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- Vitality Private Health Insurance
- Mentoring Schemes that allow you to reach your full potential
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Your birthday off
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A boat, yes you heard that right! Our own boat where we host client meetings and parties
If this sounds like the role for you apply via the link provided: https://apply.workable.com/lumanity/j/8D7028E69F/
Leith is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We want everyone working here (or at home) to be able to reach their full potential, feel like they can be themselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, a mentoring scheme, and take an individual and flexible approach to supporting staff from different backgrounds. Please feel free to discuss any working requirements you have in your interview.