We’re The Leith Agency - Scotland’s leading creative agency. We’re a bunch of creative, digitally minded, content-loving people based in the heart of ‘the world’s coolest neighbourhoods’. Established in 1984 on the docks of Edinburgh, Leith has come a long way from its ad agency roots. Ranked the most successful regional creative agency in the UK last year and the 22nd biggest overall, the business now delivers its trademark bold ideas through digital, experiences, social and health, alongside advertising, production and design working with a bunch of incredible clients, including IRN-BRU, Nando’s, The Scottish Government and The Famous Grouse.
Who are we looking for?
Leith has ambitious growth plans, and our Leith Studios team is key in making this happen. We’re looking for a print production assistant who is ideally based in or within commuting distance of Edinburgh. You will help to run resource management within Leith Studios by supporting the print production team. You will work across all disciplines within the team, establishing relationships to make sure expectations and deadlines are met, from creative brief to final delivery, whilst never compromising on quality.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated individual to be trained in all aspects of print production. Leith Studios are specialists in Digital, Out-of-home advertising, Photography and Artwork.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the Production Manager in scheduling studio resource.
- Support the production team with asset sourcing and purchasing.
- Ensure the Lead Content Creator is informed of workload requirements through daily meetings.
- Plan for and schedule freelance cover as required.
- Ensure briefs from Client Services are accurate, on time and in line with resource bookings.
- Assist Producers with photography shoot preparation.
- Work collaboratively with others in the team to develop your craft to enhance the effectiveness of the work we produce.
- Ensure Quality Control is planned in for jobs.
- Ensure folder structure and file naming consistency within the team.
- Be a team motivator, helping to drive positive morale.
- Assist in onboarding and coordinating inductions.
- Have regular catch ups with production and studio team members and build strong, positive relationships.
- Actively get to know all individuals in the agency and try to understand the challenges they face.
- Build your profile around the agency, educating others about the benefits you can bring and when to involve you in their work.
- Ensure departments are following the appropriate admin, briefing and scheduling procedures as required.
- Understand and contribute to the goals of Leith.
- Proactively pursue self-development and training opportunities, assuming joint responsibility with your line manager for regular performance reviews.
- Actively develop and work towards the achievement of your personal objectives.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties as assigned by management.
The skills and experience you will need:
- Equivalent to Higher/A’level with good N5/GCSE grades in English & Maths.
- Demonstratable knowledge of production processes and/or work experience within a production company.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional, and solutions-oriented attitude at all times.
What's in it for you?
- Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work at an award-winning agency with smart people who have a huge variety of skills
- A nice, airy, cushy office right on The Shore of Leith
- A cycle to work scheme to save you cash for saving the planet
- Quarterly, company-wide events featuring all kinds of bold thinkers
- Hybrid and Flexible Working
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- Vitality Private Health Insurance
- Mentoring Schemes that allow you to reach your full potential
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Your birthday off
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A boat, yes you heard that right! Our own boat where we host client meetings and parties
Equal Opportunities Employer
Leith is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We want everyone working here (or at home) to be able to reach their full potential, feel like they can be themselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, a mentoring scheme, and take an individual and flexible approach to supporting staff from different backgrounds. Please feel free to discuss any working requirements you have in your interview.