We’re The Leith Agency - Scotland’s leading creative agency. We’re a bunch of creative, digitally-minded, content-loving people based in the heart of ‘the world’s coolest neighborhoods’. Established in 1984 on the docks of Edinburgh, Leith has come a long way from its ad agency roots. Ranked the most successful regional creative agency in the UK last year and the 22nd biggest overall, the business now delivers its trademark bold ideas through digital, experiences, social and health, alongside advertising, production and design working with a bunch of incredible clients, including IRN-BRU, Nando’s, The Scottish Government and The Famous Grouse.
Leith has ambitious growth plans and our Digital function is key in making this happen. We’re looking for a Digital Project Manager who is ideally based in or within commuting distance of Edinburgh who will work within the Client Services team to deliver projects spanning both web and digital marketing.
Who are we looking for?
As a Digital Project Manager within Leith’s Client Services team, you’ll be confident in managing all aspects of a project life cycle, with at least 2 years of experience under your belt either agency or client side.
You’ll thrive on working with talented people to deliver great results for our clients, bringing teams on the journey with you - and be adept at staying on top of the detail and numbers - with a keen eye for spotting risks and getting the right people around solutions.
You’ll be ambitious, looking for the opportunity to gain that next rung up the ladder in becoming a Senior Project Manager in the near future.
Duties and responsibilities:
Developing strong working relationships
- Act as main point of contact for your projects and build trust, confidence and develop strong relationships with your clients.
- Facilitate status meetings/stand-ups with the team and support their needs and help remove any blockers
- Keep clients and the internal team fully informed of the progress of all work and any changes that may occur, and managing change when it arises.
- Owning the scoping and estimation of projects
- Managing change when it arises through re-scoping, change control and prioritisation to ensure projects are successful and profitable
- Write project Statement of Works and key project documentation which define scope, budget, schedules, dependencies and assumptions
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and communicate requirements
- Identify resources needed for each project and assign individual responsibilities, e.g. UX, Design, Development, Testing, Planning, Strategy.
- Proactively review budgets and timings and establish action plans as required
- Manage risk, create contingency plans and be a guardian of project quality
- Communicate directly with fellow Client Services team and other project stakeholders
- Effectively apply project management methodology and enforce project standards and share best practice
- Responsible for project delivery documentation following agreed methods
- Track, approve and report team hours
- Report on percentage completions to determine appropriate project profitability, invoice, revenue, bill rates and revenue recognition
- Reconciliation reports delivered to senior management when requested
People & leadership
- The ability to work in an open, collaborative and respectful manner with colleagues and clients.
- The ability to develop good relationships across the agency and our wider group of companies and share knowledge. learnings and insights to support continuous improvement.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and number crunching
- Good knowledge of project management processes and documentation/governance
- Experience creating dependency-driven project schedules and ensuring project documents are complete, current and updated on a regular basis.
- Ideally be based in Edinburgh or within commuting distance
- A Project Management qualification such as SRUM Master, Agile or Prince2 would be an advantage
What's in it for you?
- Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work at an award-winning agency with smart people who have a huge variety of skills
- A nice, airy, cushy office right on The Shore of Leith
- A cycle to work scheme to save you cash for saving the planet
- Quarterly, company-wide events featuring all kinds of bold thinkers
- Hybrid and Flexible Working
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- Vitality Private Health Insurance
- Mentoring Schemes that allow you to reach your full potential
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Your birthday off
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A boat, yes you heard that right! Our own boat where we host client meetings and parties
Leith is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We want everyone working here (or at home) to be able to reach their full potential, feel like they can be themselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, a mentoring scheme, and take an individual and flexible approach to supporting staff from different backgrounds. Please feel free to discuss any working requirements you have in your interview.
If this sounds right up your street then we'd love to hear from you. Click here to apply!