We’re The Leith Agency – Scotland’s leading creative agency. We’re a bunch of creative, digitally minded, content-loving people based in the heart of ‘the world’s coolest neighbourhoods’. Established in 1984 on the docks of Edinburgh, Leith has come a long way from its ad agency roots.
Ranked the most successful regional creative agency in the UK last year and the 22nd biggest overall, the business now delivers its trademark bold ideas through digital, experiences, social and health, alongside advertising, production and design working with a bunch of incredible clients, including IRN-BRU, Nando’s, The Scottish Government and The Famous Grouse.
Who are we looking for?
Leith works with clients to plan and deploy marketing technology and marketing communications. For some clients, it’s all about brand and advertisements. For others, it’s all about code, service design and sprints. Increasingly it’s about both, with the strategy team acting as a bridge between the world of the CMO and the world of the CTO.
This comes naturally to disciplines such as SEO, social, performance marketing, CRM, email and UX-style problem-solving. The ideal person for this role will feel at home on this bridge, crossing from a base on the technical side.
The role involves lead, day-to-day insight and strategy responsibility on accounts in the public sector, financial services, food and drink and charity sectors.
It requires conversations with and making recommendations to clients with technical and marketing responsibility, up to CMO and CTO level.
It is a pivotal role in terms of securing and developing client relationships. It involves tender writing and leading strategy development for pitches. It involves writing and making presentations.
It will mean working internally with colleagues in creative and brand strategy, performance marketing, software engineering, UX, SEO, design, client services and project management. You should subscribe to a ‘channel neutral’ ethos because bold ideas can live anywhere.
An example of your day-to-day tasks:
- Website discovery research: primary audience data collection (qualitative and quantitative), plus contributing to defining the scope of work, project roadmapping and prototyping.
- Writing digital product briefs: briefing copywriters, UX strategists, designers or developers to deliver outputs like new website content or components, wireframes or CRM programmes (such as email campaigns).
- Digital marketing channel planning: applying creative ideas with recommendations for investment across digital channels.
- Writing digital creative briefs: briefing creative teams to deliver digital-first applications of big creative ideas across channels like social, PPC, display/ programmatic and SEO.
- Supporting Strategy colleagues with data collection such as website performance in Google Analytics, online audience insights from Global Web Index or keyword research from SEMrush.
- Leading strategically on new business digital proposals, pitches and tenders, working with Leith’s Bid Manager to allocate tasks/ responses and guiding the shape of the strategic response from the outset.
The skills and experience you will need:
- Experience working within a creative agency for at least 2 years.
- Contributed to a portfolio of distinctive work, as well as shown some creative thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate the ‘why’ behind ideas.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- A problem-solving personality, with the desire to help your colleagues.
- Most importantly a passion for creating meaningful work that improves the health and well-being of people.
Things you’re good at:
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to effectively present the agency viewpoint.
- Take responsibility and be easy to delegate to.
- Be the person that clients want at meetings.
- Be happy to run with other people’s ideas.
- Ingenious thinking that might turn into agency IP.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to juggle more than one project.
- The ability to handle stressful situations.
- Tact and diplomacy, respect for other people’s opinions.
- Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work at an award-winning agency with smart people who have a huge variety of skills
- A nice, airy, cushy office right on The Shore of Leith
- A cycle to work scheme to save you cash for saving the planet
- Quarterly, company-wide events featuring all kinds of bold thinkers
- Hybrid and Flexible Working
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- Vitality Private Health Insurance
- Mentoring Schemes that allow you to reach your full potential
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Your birthday off
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A boat, yes you heard that right! Our own boat where we host client meetings and parties
Equal Opportunities Employer
Leith is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We want everyone working here (or at home) to be able to reach their full potential, feel like they can be themselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, a mentoring scheme, and take an individual and flexible approach to supporting staff from different backgrounds. Please feel free to discuss any working requirements you have in your interview.